Helpful Hemophilia Links
This page contains links to helpful websites that cover a range of topics on hemophilia treatments, general disease information, and living with hemophilia. There are also links to websites about other bleeding disorders.
Hemophilia Disease Information
- National Hemophilia Foundation - The National Hemophilia Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to research, education, and advocacy for people with bleeding disorders.
- Hemophilia Federation of America - The Hemophilia Federation of America is another nonprofit organization that exists to support patients with hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- World Federation of Hemophilia - The World Federation of Hemophilia focuses on improving care globally for patients suffering from hemophilia, Von Willebrand disease, factor deficiencies, and other bleeding disorders.
- National Institutes of Health - The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute provides a comprehensive overview of hemophilia disease information including sections on treatment, living with hemophilia, and current clinical trials for hemophilia.
- Centers for Disease Control - The CDC is another helpful government resource for individuals who want to learn more about hemophilia. Their guide to Hemophilia Treatment Centers (HTCs) provides an overview of treatment centers and a directory for finding the nearest HTC.
- National Human Genome Research Institute - The National Human Genome Research Institute provides a short overview of hemophilia along with a useful list of websites that offer additional information on hemophilia.
Von Willebrand and Other Bleeding Disorders
Government Resources for Chronic Illnesses